CHNGR – Become an Ambassador!
In the context of RECODE Concordia, financed by the J.W. McConnell Family Foundation, and in partnership with Concordia University (Karl Polanyi Institute, District 3 Innovation Center), the Chantier de l’économie sociale and the TIESS, we invite you to discover CHNGR.
With a mission to encourage social innovation and the development of collective and social entrepreneurship projects, CHNGR is searching for its first cohort of ambassadors! The successful applicants will receive a Community Engagement Fellowship, valued at 4000$ (or 2000$ in CEGEPS).
- Promote collective and social entrepreneurship (ex: through presentations, conferences)
- Map the existing entrepreneurship instances (student groups, classes, projects) in the institution
- Participate in the organization of events in order to promote networking, the creation of new projects, or the sharing of new ideas (ex: hackathons, ideation sessions, entrepreneurship speed dating)
- Help link project holders (entrepreneurs), collaborators (students willing to help), and needs expressed by the community
- Guide project holders towards the appropriate resources
- Support CHNGR in achieving its goals by tallying the amount of projects created or strengthened
- Student in an eligible institution* for the 2015-2016 school year
- Engaging communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Leadership potential
- Familiarity with groups and associations involved in collective and social entrepreneurship within the institution is an asset
- Creativity, motivation, and collaborative mindset
- Good understanding of collective entrepreneurship and social economy projects, in addition to the resources available to help entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurial experience an asset
Eligible institutions for the first cohort are: Concordia, HEC, ETS, UQAM, Dawson, and CÉGEP de Lanaudière. Other institutions will be added for the second call, at the end of Summer 2015.
- The offer to apply will run from May 1st- May 15th
- Selected participants will receive a two-day training in June, and will kick-off their mandate in September.
To learn more, visit CHNGR.